background

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Unexpected surgery #6




Scotty spiked another fever Friday evening of a 103. They had to take all their labs again which is horrible to see. No child should have to do these things & it is so hard to sit back & watch him endure the pain. Dr. Brockmeyer is not in town again so his partner Dr. Warner came in to go over the labs with me Saturday morning. He stated that the labs for Scotty's EVD shows infections as well as his white blood count is up again. He advised me that Scotty needed to have another surgery & they would take out the EVD and replace it with a new one. So, off he went to surgery #6 on Saturday morning. His surgery went well& now he has another battle wound. He continues to have a fever & we are hoping that goes away within the 48 hrs. They have him on antibiotics again to treat infection & hopeful that they will not have to pull his pick line. I was so hoping that he would have surgery on Monday to place the shunt & we would be home on Tuesday. But, since this set back we are looking at yet another 7-10 days in the hospital. Hard to believe that we have been here for almost 7 weeks. I hope this is it & that he gets well fast & remain strong for surgery #7. "I hope #7 surgery will be the last." To all of our blog followers Thanks for all your support and prayers and If, you are a facebook followers we appreciate all comments, love, prayers, & support.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I am sure that all of these blog posts will be something you look back on and cherish. You will all be stronger for what you have endured. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scotty, your in my heart and in my prayers always. Krystian, Brandon and I love you dearly and can only wish that you remain in good spirits. You have to stay positive and keep the fighting "Jensen" attitude - this will be over soon enough. Thanks for blogging your updates. I will be tracking your progress until your finally home and with your family...Family IS everything. All my love sweetie.XOXOXOX See ya soon - Do your homework!!!

    ReplyDelete