background

Monday, November 30, 2009

EVD get's plugged

"I found this old pic of Scotty & it just brought a smile to my face so I am sharing it with you all."

Scotty had a rough couple of nights after surgery #6. He was carrying a fever, shaking, & no appetite. Scott had noticed that his EVD wasn't working appropriately & brought it to the nurses attention. Nuero tried fixing it on 3 different occasion. When Syd came in this morning she said the EVD needed to be replaced & he would have to go to the OR this afternoon. So, about 2:30 p.m. Scotty headed off to surgery #7. He is recovering now & is very sleepy. Same game plan of treating him on the antibiotic until Monday. Hoping for no re occurrences of bad cultures. I guess every time a bad culture comes back they reset the amount of time he stays on the antibiotic. I am sure hoping he is on the road to recovery now. I can't believe all the hick-ups he has had to deal with. Crossing our fingers!!!

2 comments: